Complete between May 15 and June 15, 2021
1 - Create a team of 6 paddlers, with at least 3 paddlers being female.
2 - Each paddler must complete a minimum of 3 hours and a maximum of 5 hours of TOTAL paddling time.
Team members can switch as often as desired within the 24 hour period.
3 - This is a RELAY format with one paddler at time, no drafting or other support allowed, with a 24 hours time limit.
4 - Choose a location of your choice: all team members at the location, with one GPS device passed/shared by all team members.
5- The course must be an out/back or a loop format, with each team member starting and finishing in the same location. The length of course can vary.
6 - Each member may choose their own SUP board, with a maximum length 14 feet.
7 - Each Team may complete the 24h Challenge as many times as desired between May 15 and June 15, 2021
Email email@example.com with the following info:
- Team Name, Country and/or State
- Names and gender of your Team Members
Registration fee of $100 per team to compete for $1,000 purse/prize !
- Team to submit location, date and start time , 3 days PRIOR to their start day
- Team will be provided with Race Timing/Distance Recording Sheet to record and report
time, paddler, distance in uniform and comparable format
- Team to setup and share access/link to GPS device/system with real time location - strongly recommended/when possible
RaceTC will provide tutorial, guidance and troubleshooting for real time tracking options.
THIS WILL ALLOW OTHERS to FOLLOW YOUR TEAM's PROGRESS and RESULTS
- If not possible to do real time locator - Team is to report ONLINE (Facebook Event Page) following info:
Time of race start , followed up with UPDATES of :
total distance, name of paddler and time of every switch of paddlers with new paddler's name
FINAL TOTAL DISTANCE reached at 24 hours time limit!
This is to be :
A - posted on EVENT PAGE - as soon as completed
B - SUBMITED to firstname.lastname@example.org with GPS data and COMPLETED Recording Sheet.
IMPORTANT - 24hour CONTINUOUS timing/GPS will require SUFFICIENT Power Source to support your timing device (phone, Garmin or other) - we recommend :
TEST YOUR SETUP, so you don't lose you GPS and Data
KEEP hand written records of your progress using the distance recording sheet.
Consider also to
- protecting your timing device from accidental exposure to water
- set up that is easy to transfer between paddlers
- secondary/ backup system
Un-Official Results as posted by TEAMS on Event PAGE (Facebook) - share your success & connect to the SUP world
These results to be reviewed, certified and published by RaceTC
based on submitted GPS data and Recording Sheet
Final OFFICIAL RESULTS to be posted on Race TC web as well as Event Page (Facebook)
After Challenge DEADLINE - June 15th 2021
1st place $500
2nd place $300
3rd place $150
of $200 for FIRST ALL FEMALE TEAM